The direction Capcom decided for Resident Evil 5 unexpectedly bewildered many people, especially the loyalists who lionize the franchise. It was a dramatic shift–from the bleakness and urgency of the dissipating survival horror genre, to more involved and electric gameplay testing reflexes instead of micromanagement skills. Inevitably, the slow decline of survival horror was upon us.
Among game review watchers and Resident Evil fans, it’s been quite the confusing morning. The sixth instalment of Capcom’s legendary zombie series arrives at midnight tonight, but opinion from professional reviewers is scaling from a devastating thirty courtesy of Destructoid to an 88 from GameTrailers.
The wide range of scores [...]
Little over a week ago, Ubisoft enthusiastically proclaimed in a CVG interview they intend for yearly iterations of Assassin’s Creed. Alex Hutchison, franchise head after Patrice Desilets left, spoke candidly about the series’ future, saying among other gems [on the series becoming ongoing]: “It wasn’t the original plan to be an ongoing series, [...]
Holygrenade on Twitter
- Joshua on I Was A Bully Once, On Xbox Live
- Dal Dudas on What If Microsoft Killed Xbox?
- Jrpaper on Continuum: Season 3, Episode 1 “Minute by Minute” Review
- MicShazam on I Was A Bully Once, On Xbox Live
- You are flat out wrong on What If Microsoft Killed Xbox?
- © 2014 Holygrenade. All images are copyrighted by their respective owners.